Thursday 24 April 2014

Summer Fiesta # 1

Now that summer is surely here, I want to share with you my favourite skin care products for this season. The dry parched months of Delhi can make even the best skin cry out for help, and my skin isn't the best. I am prone to bouts of dryness, and if I apply regular moisturisers, I tend to break out. HELP!! So over time I have managed to find some really nice products which suit my combination skin.

So let me tell you about them:
1. Clean Clean Clean!! Votre Face Wash 18 (30 gms for INR 196/-)
Company Claims:

Features and Benefits

  • Botanical extract acts as an anti-bacterial and helps alleviate any redness linked with acne and breakouts
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • Can be used regularly everyday
  • Works to mildly resurface skin
  • Decreases the size of pores on the skin to prevent pimples/acne

My Take:
This brilliant face wash helps really clean out my skin without drying it out completely. The product contains Tea Tree and Neem extracts and using it over time, I have seen that it has reduced the occurrence of pimples on my face. Love It!!

2. Pore Shrinker! Votre Toner, Pore Shrink (100 ml for INR 360/-)
Product Claims:
Make your skin flawless with this healthy Pore Shrink Toner from Votre. This one de-stresses the body and boosts the health of your skin. Enriched with botanical extracts along with bio-flavonoids, this one is truly worth its value! The product contains numerous active ingredients that boost your skin’s overall health.
Features and Benefits
  • Features active ingredients that shrinks pores and lifts the skin’s health
  • 100% safe and effective formula
  • The bio-cosmetic is 100% vegan, cruelty free and botanical
My Take:
Another Votre product I have fallen in love with!! Comes in a handy spay bottle. Just spritz it on and wait till it dries on my skin. Gives a lovely glow to my skin, especially when I spray it on before bedtime! I just love my skin the next morning!! I've even tried to spray it on over my make up, has given me great results. My Holy Grail product!!

3. Auravedic Pure Lightening Skin Polish with Sandal, Turmeric, Scrub (100g for INR 300/-)

Product Claim:
Auravedic pure lightening skin polish has nature?s goodness like sandal and turmeric which are known antioxidants and help in removing dead cells to make your skin, bright, supple and smooth. These ingredients have long been known to ward off impurities from the inside as well as the outside of the skin.

Features And Benefits

  • It has natural ingredients.
  • It protects the skin from the sun.
  • It washes away dirt and polishes the skin.
  • It has a long lasting effect on the skin.

My Take:
What I love most about this product is that its free of harmful chemicals, parabens and SLS. The scrub particles are tiny and they cleanse the skin without being too abrasive. I just love its texture and the pretty glow that I get after I've polished my skin with product. I also love the fact that it is immensely affordable. Another permanent fixture in my skin care regime, once a week!

4. Sattvik Organics Mask, Gold Revitalising (60 gms for INR 209/-)
Product Claim:
A nourishing face & body mask which improves skin texture and boosts skin renewal & hydration. Natural aroma oils soften skin and give it a natural glow. In case of mature skin, it also counteracts ageing signs by tightening the skin and giving it an uplifting effect.
  • Tightens skin pores
  • Gives a firm & fresh look
  • Rejuvenates skin & leaves it glowing with natural lustre
  • Nourishes the skin & enhances complexion
  • Leaves skin visibly smoother & flawless
My Take:
A feeling of pure luxury!! Even though this product is meant for drier skin, this has suited me very well! It definitely fulfills its promise of great looking and healthy skin! An absolute favourite!

5. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock SPF 40 (50 gms for INR 225/-)
Product Claim:
3-in-1 daily sunblock is a revolutionary sun protection formula which combines broad-spectrum UVA & UVB protection with skin lightening ingredients to give a uniform matte finish to the skin. Its fast absorption and non-greasy formula gives a shine-free, light & clean feeling skin.
IMG_20140410_181052




My Take:
I use it all the time! For a detailed review click Here
 
If you have noticed that I have not listed a moisturiser. I have such oily skin that most products, even oil free ones cause me to break out. So currently this product doubles up as my moisturiser (due to its glycerin content).

What do you think of my summer skin care collection?
You can find and buy all these products on www.healthkart.com

Happy Summers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment