Friday 25 April 2014

Summer Fiesta # 2: Body Care

Hot and sweaty days ahead. Today I'll share with you my Top 5 Body care products to keep me feeling and smelling fresh through the day!
1. Organic Surge Shower Gel, Fresh Ocean (250 ml for INR 575/-)
Product claim:

For All Skin Types

Fresh Ocean Shower Gel is the natural solution for dry or dull skin, this shower gel is enriched with intense natural moisturisers. Organic lemon and lime essential oils cleanse and revive the skin, while rosemary essential oil works to stimulate cell renewal and help to soothe any skin irritation.

Why We Love It

  • 98.99% natural shower gel
  • Untouched by harsh chemicals
  • Enriched with organic lemon, lime, and rosemary essential oils
  • Conditions and soothes all skin types
  • Delicious, reviving natural fragrance
  • Animal-friendly, suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

Natural Actives

  • Lemon essential oil - naturally cleanses and detoxifies, helps to rejuvenate dull skin
  • Rosemary essential oil - naturally purifies and stimulates cell renewal
  • Lime essential oil - naturally revives the skin and senses
  • Aloe vera - naturally calms and moisturises the skin
  • Natural glycerine - a natural humectant which attracts moisture to the skin, helping it to remain hydrated and soft

My Take:
After a long day at work and a 40 minute non-ac commute, I look forward to stepping into the shower with my favourite shower gel. The product is free of SLS and other harmful chemicals like parabens, so that's a huge plus. The fresh fragrance instantly energises me and the scent lingers through the evening. MMMMMMMM.........

2. Fabindia Face & Body Gel Scrub, Orange and Cinnamon (100 ml for INR 275/-)
Product Claim:
Our body and face gel scrub, especially formulated for daily use is made with natural active ingredients. It gently exfoliates the skin leaving you feeling refreshed and invigorated all day long. 100 gm.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Walnut Shell Powder, Carbopol 940, Aloe Vera Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Lactic Acid, Cinnamon Oil, Orange Oil, Allantoin.

My Take:
I have used their neem and tulsi scrub for my face and absolutely loved it. I can say  the same for Orange and Cinnamon too. What I like best is the smell of oranges. I love the fruit and miss it during summers. But not anymore. I love how it softens my skin and smells of oranges. An absolute feeling of luxury and blissssss....

3. Soulflower Aroma Bath Salt, Tropical Sunset (400 gms for INR 350/-)
Product Claim:
Skin scouring sea salts buffered in orange & lemon essential oil gently tone & improve the elasticity of the skin. These citrus essential oils not only energize, but act as natural skin lighteners & cleansers, leaving you will softer, brighter, lighter skin.
For Body: Tropical Sunset Aroma Bath Salt is rich in Vitamin C which is a great skin cleanser. A bath in warm water with Tropical Sunset Bath Salt lightens the skin tone, diminishes acne scars and also lightens dark spots.
For Hands: A hand bath with Tropical Sunset keeps your hands looking young. Lemon and Orange, which are key ingredients of the bath salt, are both have natural anti ageing properties.
For Feet: Tropical Sunset Foot Bath is great for Dry Cracked feet. The tropical Sunset bath salt moisturizes the feet and fights against problems like athlete’s foot.
Ingredients: Lemon & orange essential oil, Olive Oil, Vitamin E, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Borate, Epsom Salts, Seasalts, Permitted Colourings.
Tropical Sunset Bath Salt, Aromatherapy Bath Salt, Buy Bathing Salts Online India


My Take:
I love to use this product as my mani-pedi dip. I do not have a bath tub, so when I'm feeling really stressed out and tired, I just mix some salt into 1/2 a bucket of warm water, dip and squeeze out a towel and wrap it around myself for a couple of minutes after a shower and let the aroma surround me. A perfect de-stressing treatment for my weekends!

4. Pond's Sandal Radiance Talc (100 gms for INR 55/-)
Product claim:
  • Pond's Sandal Radiance Talc is a high quality sandal talcum powder.
  • It prevents bad odor from perspiration.
  • It has the fragrance of sandalwood.
  • Pond's Sandal Radiance Talc is a high quality, sandalwood fragranced talcum powder that refreshes and keeps your skin cool.

My Take:
when I'm in a hurry and don't have time for a second shower of the day, this is my go-to product. it freshens my skin instantly and has a great fragrance which lingers for a couple of hours. Though many use it as a face powder, I prefer to use it on my body. Great value for money!!

5. Dove Deodorant Go Fresh Cucumber and Green Tea (100gms for INR 170/-)
Product Claim:
Eliminate embarrassing body odour and feel refreshed and confident the whole day with Dove deodorant. Free from harsh chemicals and parabens , it contains just the right ingredients to keep underarms fresh and fragrant all day long. With one quarter moisturizers, it keeps your skin healthy and hydrated; pampering it with its gentle mild fragrance. Now wear sleeveless dresses or halter neck tops with confidence. Show off beautiful underarms with the gentle goodness of dove deodorant, that effectively eliminates underarm bumps for a smooth, even look. It absorbs sweat, leaving your underarms soft and dry for hours on end. Dove deodorant is available in many fragrant variations, and as aerosol sprays, roll-ons and body mists. Jump-start your day with a burst of freshness and put a spring in your step. It is non comedogenic, hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested to ensure its safety on all skin types for everyday use. The deos are available in compact attractive bottles at affordable prices, and are an essential part of your daily grooming routine.

My Take:
I love this deo because it gives me all-day, underarm freshness. The fragrance is not overwhelming but has this soft and gentle lingering scent. My morning 'getting ready for work' routine in summers is incomplete without this product!

So, what are your Top 5 Summer Body care products? Let me know through your comments!
Stay Fresh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment