Thursday 10 April 2014

Product Review: Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment in Sunrise Sunset

Again a Fab Bag  sample which had me excited! A friend had given me a Sally Hansen nail strengthening nail polish sometime ago for my birthday and I loved it! Since then I have kept my eyes open for Sally Hansen products. So naturally I was thrilled to receive their Diamond Lip Treatment.
The sample they sent me is a shade called Sunrise Sunset. There are about 12 shades available internationally, However in India there are only about 6 shades currently.
IMG_20140401_164900
IMG_20140401_164843
Product Claim:
IMG_20140410_000331
Ingredients:
IMG_20140401_164655

Swatches:
IMG_20140401_164415

IMG_20140401_164411

IMG_20140401_182639
Price: INR 575/- for 6.2 grams of product
Packaging:
The product comes in a transparent plastic  cuboid tube with a silver coloured cap. There is a little diamond cut rhinestone on the tube. It comes with its own brush applicator.
My Take on the Product:
The product has a very sheer application and does not allow any substantial build-up. Its formula is quite light weight, much lighter than Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish! When applying with the brush, the product tends to come on the lips in streaks. But it very quickly evens out.
The product is high on gloss and has there tiny glitter particles which gives it a greater glamour quotient! It can be worn alone or over your regular lipstick.
As for its 12 hr claim... The colour does not last. For me it faded over the next four hours. However my lips remained moisturized for nearly 8 hrs of talking eating and drinking.
I have now been using this product for about 10 days. I have to reapply the product every four hours or so, in case I want its sheer wash of colour. I do not need to apply any lip balm even if i don't apply the product again.
Pros:
  1. Light-weight formula.
  2. Gives a lovely wash of sheer colour.
  3. Adds a dash of glamour.
  4. Can be used over your favourite lipstick.
  5. Even though streaks while application, it evens out in a few moments.
  6. Keeps lips moiturised for about 8 hrs through lots of talking, eating and drinking!
Cons:
  1. Colour cannot be built more than a shade or two.
  2. Colour fades in a few hours.
  3. A bit expensive.
Product Rating: 4/5.
I would actually prefer L'Oreal Paris' Shine Caresse. Why? watch this space, I will be reviewing it soon!!

How did you like this review? Let me know....
Stay Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment