Wednesday 15 July 2015

Product Review: Vert Fresh Cucumber and Mint Face Scrub

Hi Everyone!

I have always loved making my own scrubs and face packs but now I do not always have the time. But now a lot of products are available from brands which are now hand-making their products. VERT is one such brand. I received it as part of a FabBag sample sometime back. I have used it a couple of times now and lets see how it fared on me......


Product Price: INR 700/- for

Product Claim:
Known for its fresh, natural and handmade cosmetics, Vert is a brand with many a loyal customers, who absolutely swear by its products' efficacy and natural ingredients. This gentle scrub is fortified with fresh cucumbers, sugar, jasmine, nutmeg and mint oil. It effectively removes dead skin and keeps the skin hydrated, yet oil-free.  
Vert Fresh Cucumber & Mint Face Scrub

List of Ingredients: 
 Fresh cucumber puree, sugar powder, Jasmine Powder, Nutmeg powder, Preservative, Fragrance oil, Mint oil


How to use: 
Apply on wet face & neck ,leave it for few minutes,let the fruit juices seep into your skin.Scrub in circular motion, rinse off with water. Do not use soap immediately after using this product. 

 








My Take on the Product:


The product comes in a transparent plastic tub with  a screw on lid. The texture is a bit on the dryer side and you have to work hard to apply it over your skin, as is given in the instructions. So Instead of trying to layer it over my face, I just take out a bit of product, soften it with rosewater and just scrub my face. The fragrance is nothing special, does smell of mint, but also of something else.... can't really place it. I wonder why they had to add a fragrance oil. Mint, nutmeg and Jasmine would have their own smell, which I might have liked better, actually.  

What I like best about this product is that it had no plastic beads to aid in scrubbing. These plastic beads are a huge environmental hazard. So at least on this front, the brand fulfills its environmental commitment. The granules are fairly gentle on the facial skin. I cannot say that this scrub has worked miracles for my skin. Its been ok. It has not broken me out, which is a plus. I am not sure I will buy this product again. There are many herbal and natural scrubs available that I have had my eye on. 

Pros:
  1. Natural product
  2. Scrubbing beads are natural and safe for skin and  
  3. Mint is a known cooler
  4. Cucumber is a good skin astringent. 
  5. Did not cause a breakout on my skin.
Cons:
  1. Does not mention which preservatives are used.
  2. Product is a bit hard, needs to be softened with water before use.
  3. Smells a bit strange.
Overall Verdict: 4/5. I would have given the product a 3. It gets +1 due to its natural scrub grains as against synthetic/plastic ones.

Have you used Vert Fresh Cucumber and Mint Scrub? How did it work for you? Let me know in the comments section below.

Think and Stay Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment