Wednesday 29 July 2015

Product Review: Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus Nourishing Nail Color

Hi All!

Today I will be reviewing a Nail color for the house of Sally Hansen.  Sally Hansen has been a well known brand for hand and foot care and especially their range of nail products.Their nail colours boast of nail protecting and growth properties. I had received this particular product in my FabBag a couple of months ago. Let's see how this product fared on me...

Product Price: INR 675/- for 13.3 ml of product





Product Claim:

A growth treatment that fortifies and protects nails so they can grow. Triple-protein and silk formula instantly reinforces soft, bitten and weak nails.


 Ingredients:

BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., NITROCELLULOSE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, TRIMETHYL PENTANYL DIISOBUTYRATE, TRIPHENYL PHOSPHATE, ETOCRYLENE, BENZOPHENONE-1, HYDROLYZED CORN/SOY/WHEAT PROTEIN THIOGLYCOLAMIDE/ THIOPROPIONAMIDE, HYDROLYZED SILK, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI 15850), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140). 



My Take on the Product:

I got the colour Tender Mulberry (31) in a FabBag. Its a nice neutral pink shade which would suit most Indian skin tones. The product come in a transparent glass bottle with a plastic cap with a steel finish. The consistency of the nail polish is more runny than most formulae I have used. The product is enriched with  Soy proteins and vitamins A,C and E. These additives are to help protect the nails from chipping and breaking, so you can allow you nails to grow. The application brush is thinner than any other nail polish I have used. It makes the application more accurate. This Nail polish needs at least two coats to come close to an opaque finish. For full opacity, I needed 3 coats. The product dries pretty quickly, but the process slows down after the second and third coats are applied. 

I like the colour since its a nice summery pastel and I could carry it off with most of my clothes that I wore through the week. The polish stayed well for two days after which it began to fade away from the tips of my nails. I had to reapply the polish to my tips on the 3rd day. I like my nail paint to last at leat 5 days before I remove it and let my nails rest. So this was a bit disappointing. 

As for nail protection and maximum growth, I can't really say. I do not have any major chipping or breaking problem, so I don't know whether it helped my nails or not.





Pros:
  1. Well known brand
  2. Contains Soy proteins and Vitamins A,C and E
  3. Pretty Shade, will look good on a variety of skin tones.
  4. Slim brush for easy and accurate application.
  5. Transparent glass bottle makes it easy to spot the colour from among others.
Cons: 
  1. Faded from tips within two days.
  2. Needs at least 3 coats to give opacity.
  3. Drying time between coats is an issue.
  4. Quite Pricey.
Overall Verdict: 2.5/5. I'm not so happy with the product. The nail polish began to fade the very next day of application.  I have better nail polishes at much lower prices. It is unlikely that I will buy this product.

Did you like this review? Have you used Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus Nourishing Nail Color? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments section below.

Think and Stay Beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment