Well, here's my look for Ashtami Morning of Durga Puja. I decided to go all traditional. Ashtami, traditionally, is the most important day of the festival.
The story of Durgashtami
- Goddess kali culminated from the forehead of Devi Durga on this day and killed Mahishasur — the king of Demons and his associates—Chanda and Munda.
- On this day, Mother Durga annihilated Bhairo Nath, an evil 'tantric', in the form of Vaishno Devi. This incident leads to the history of establishment of the pilgrimage of Vaishno devi and it is said that the famous Bhairo nath temple lies at the site where the head of Bhairo Nath fell after being cut off by the Goddess.
Rituals Associated with Durgashtami
- On this day, all the weapons and artillery that were used for killing Mahishasur by Goddess Durga are worshipped along with the enchanting of mantras. This ritual is known as Astra puja.
- During the worship of the Mother, the eight avatars of Durga called Ashtanayikas are also worshipped which include Brahmani, Indrani, Vaishnavi, Varahi, Narasinghi, Kameshwari, Maheshwari and Chamunda.
- 64 Yoginis who are considered the Devi's associates are also worshipped.
- On this day, the deity is worshipped as Goddess Gauri. To observe this, nine small virgin girls are worshipped, their feet are washed and they are offered halwa (a sweet disg made of semolina, milk, ghee and nuts), puri and kheer a part of the ritual.
- Durgashtami ends with the Sandhi Puja that ushers the next day Mahanavami.
So, I decided, traditional was the way to go. Wearing a sari was a foregone conclusion.
For my makeup I decided to go with a neutral smokey eye a long with bright red lips.
Products used for Today's Makeup:
- Bodyography Foundation Primer in Clear
- Lakme CC Cream in Bronze
- Faces Canada Concealer
- Maybelline New York Clear and Glow Compact in Nude Beige
- Beauty UK Blush in Rustic Peach
- MUA Bronzer Mosaiz in Sunkissed (02)
- Florelle Kohl in Black
- Oriflame Eye Shadow Palette in Nude and Greys
- Maybelline Hyper Curl Volum Mascara
- Elle 18 Liquid Eyeliner in Blackout
- Tommy G Woman Dual Lip Colour in #7
So what do you think? Share your thoughts with me in the comments section below.