Hi All, time for some make up reviews.......
Today I am going to review:
- Air–whipped mousse. Matte perfection. Air–soft feel.
- Revolutionary whipped formula provides an air – soft, perfect matte finish coverage, with a weightless feel.
- Color pigments offer superior coverage.
- Blends effortlessly for a soft, natural – looking, even – toned result.
- Rs. 600 for 18 grams of product
I picked up this foundation from one of the Maybelline counters at a mall. The product comes in 5 different variants to suit different skin tones. The Sales Assistant (SA),suggested the Pure Beige Medium 2 would suit me. I wanted to try out the 2 shades next to this one but she insisted that Pure beige was the one. Indeed when she blended the product into my inner wrist, it blended in quite well (my kids were kind of going crazy in the background, so I didn't look too closely........should have). I happily bought the jar. As you can see in the picture that this comes in a heavy glass jar, that looks much larger than the actual product it contains.
Couple of days later I had a programme at my work place and I took it along with me so that I could apply it on my face just before the prog. Oh boy!! was I in for a shock!! I had this ghastly greyish cast on my face.......eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!! I had to wash it all off and manage with my Somi's Mint Moisturiser and compact.
The product had filled into the pores and cracks in the skin and looked horrendous!! Look!!
Can you see how the product got stuck on my nose?? well you might say that those are white-heads... then check this:
Can you see how the product kind of seeps into the cracks in the skin of my inner wrist?? It just refuses to blend in properly!!
Initially when I saw the white cast on my face, I thought that the SA has given me the wrong shade. But when i tried it on my inner wrist, which is fairer than my face ............ but no luck. The product was wrong for me. Despite the white cast, it gives very poor coverage to skin imperfections.
1. Nice, Sturdy packaging, easy to carry around in a purse.
2. Probably meant for younger skin with few imperfections.
3. Did not cause any skin irritation or break-out.
Cons (for me):
1. Didn't blend into my skin at all.
2. The product got stuck in the skin crevices.
3. Therefore leaves a white cast
4. hardly any coverage.
5. Overpriced for what it fails to do!!
Product Rating: 1/5. 1 because it just might be good for someone somewhere. Really my Rs. 600 down the drain!
Will I buy it again? Should I??
If you have used the product, tell me about your experience..............