Friday 10 January 2014

Don't Ignore Your Local Brands!! Jovees Carrot and Anjeer Sun Block SPF 45

I have been doing reviews for a couple of local brands like Arish, Somi's Ayurvedic Products of Keya Seth's Aromatherapy. There is another nice brand named Jovees which was launched in 2004, and has a whole range of skin and hair care products. But today I am going to review a brilliant product which I discovered (I am glad I did!). This is the Jovees Carrot and Anjeer Sunblock with SPF 45

 I was travelling and had misplaced my regular sunblock. I desperately needed to buy one. I went to a local chemist shop and asked for a good sunblock  and he gave me this. I had heard about Jovees off and on but I had never used any of their products. So I was skeptical. But I really had no choice. But what a pleasant surprise!!

The Product is priced at INR 165/- for a 50g tube.

In the photo above you can see the product claim and method of use. 
Let us now look at the ingredients:

Active Ingredients:
  1. Ficus: It acts as a very good skin cleanser and helps in prevention and curing of skin problems like acne and pimples. It can also cure inflammations like abscesses, warts and boils.
  2. Liquorice: Skin whitening properties, anti-inflammatory
  3. Aloe Indica:treats sunburns and acne, moisturising and anti-aging properties 
  4. Sandalwood: Anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, moisturising properties.
  5. Daucus Carota or Carrot Seed Oil is a thin, yellow oil distilled from ground seeds is rich in Beta-Carotene. Not only beneficial for mature skin, sun damaged skin, or skin that is exposed to harsh weather conditions, it is also valued for its soothing, relaxing properties. Part of its strength is that it not only helps sun spots or other signs of age or damage fade over time, but it also helps to prevent wrinkles from forming in the first place!
  6. Wheatgerm: Wheat germ oil has several properties that make it an effective way to reduce damage done to the skin. Due to its high levels of antioxidants, it has the ability to repair skin cells that have been damaged by the sun, pollution or an unhealthy diet.It also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and can soothe sunburns.

Product Swatches:

After Blending in



After product application on face.
My experience:

The product comes in a nice flip top tube, which can be carried easily in your purse. The dispenser allows you to control the amount of product you want, so there is no wastage. The texture is like a cream, as you can see in the swatch. The product has a gentle fragrance that disappears soon after application. It blends easily and has a nice, mattifying effect. Great for my oily skin. However, it does not leave the skin feeling dry and stretchy. I went for a week long village trip and spent most of the day out in the hot sun. When I got back people said I hardly had a tan. So great product! 

Pros:
1. Nice, handy packaging.
2. Mattifying effect on oily skin.
 3. Oil free formula
4. Does not over-dry skin
5. Water-resistant, so great for sweaty, humid weather.
6. High SPF , with UVA+UVB protection.

7. Lives up to its claim of protecting skin from tanning, after blending in, skin looks nice and fresh.
8. Reasonably priced.

Cons:
1. Not meant for those with dry skin, even though it says 'for all skin types' (checked with a friend with dry skin). However, you can mix it with a moisturizer of your choice when applying.
2. Does not list all the ingredients.

Product rating: 4.9/5. Only because its not really meant for all skin types.

Will I buy this product again?  YES, YES, YES. It is my Holy Grail Product!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment