Sunday 24 May 2015

Product Review, Swatches and Photos: Lakme 9 to 5 Insta Light Instant Glow Creme (With Sunscreen)

Hey Everyone!

Today I'm going to do a quick review of a new product launched by Lakme called Insta Light Instant Glow Creme (With Sunscreen), under the 9 to 5 banner.

Product Price: INR 149/- for 40 gms of product 

Product Photos:



List of Ingredients:


How to Apply: 



My Thoughts on the Product:

Lakme has been coming out with new products quite regularly and the latest is the Insta Light Instant Glow Creme (With Sunscreen). Its a product pitched for Indian summers. It is said to contain pearl and mineral powders to give a luminous glow to the skin. It does not claim to hide blemishes or even out the skin tone.

The product comes in a silver coloured, plastic, soft tube with pink accents. The tube comes packed in  cardboard box in the same colour coordinates.

The product itself is is pale pink in colour. The texture is quite creamy but does not feel oily. It has a floral scent which disappears after a while. I applied it straight after cleansing my face. I could immediately feel a mattifying effect on my skin. But it was not uncomfortable. I could definitely see a radiance on my face on application, from the pearl and mineral powders. This is not really a product for ladies with dry skin. However, if you prime your face with some moisturiser before applying this creme, it should work. It works on my combination to oily skin.

The product did not hide any blemishes or marks. To be fair, it does not claim to do so. However, it did bring a noticeable glow on my face. The effect lasted for about 3 hrs outside of an AC. It worked on my dusky complexion (MAC NC 43), but I'm not sure sure how it will work on darker skin tones.

The product package mentiones sunscreen, but does not give any SPF number or PA+ signage. So I'm not entirely sure how long one could wear it in the sun without getting a tan.

It is a very reasonably priced product and at this price point, I think its a great product for school and college goers, however, I will suggest you wear a good sunscreen underneath, when going out.




Before Application

Applying only on the right side of the face

Discernible difference between the left (no product) and right (with product)

Side with product

Side without product



Pros:

  1. Reasonable price
  2. Fuss-free packaging
  3. Does as promised, gives a mild glow to the skin
  4. Suitable for oily skinned beauties
  5. Did not leave a white cast on my skin
  6. Has Sunscreen
  7. Does not make tall claims
  8. Great product for students on a budget.
Cons:
  1. Not sure how it will work on darker skin tones.
  2. Does not mention SPF or PA+ factors
  3. Mainly meant for oily skin. May be uncomfortable on dry skin
Overall Score: 4/5. Within this price point, I think Lakme has done a good job.  The only reason why I have given it -1 is because it does not mention the SPF/PA+.


Did you find this review helpful? Have you used this product? What did you think? Please leave your comments in the comments section below.


Till next time......

Think and Stay Beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment