Friday 15 August 2014

Cook With Me: Pepper Prawns with Curry Leaves

Hey Everyone!

Its been a while since I have posted a food post, so today I am going to share with you a recipe that happened quite by accident.

The husband, after some nagging on my part brought in some 


So I wondered how I should prepare them. I did not want to do the regular  Chinese style or the bengali style dish........

So this is what I did:

cleaned and deveined 500g of:
Prawns


1 teaspoon pepper powder
Crushed pepper corns


1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon turmeric powder

Mix all of these ingredients and keep aside.
Marinated Prawns


I then heated some oil in a wok and fried the prawns till golden.

Fry prawns




In the same oil I threw in a sprig or two of curry leaves


 along with finely chopped onions and 1/2 a tsp of ginger garlic paste.

Once the onions are browned, I added 1/2 a tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp of chilli powder, 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper and salt to taste.

I wanted to add tomatoes, but realised I had run out. It was too late in the evening so I just added a dash of tomato ketchup.

Once the spices were done, I threw in the fried prawns and folded them in. Since the gravy looked too dry, I added half a cup of water and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.



This is what it looked like just before serving...

I couldn't get a picture of what the final dish looked like since the husband had already claimed the wok for himself!!

 The curry leaves gave the dish such a different dimension! 

Why don't you try it too and let me know.................






No comments:

Post a Comment